The third designates the type of vehicle.
The fourth through eighth digits are individual options and styles. The ninth digit is a check digit that can be used to determine if the VIN is real, should there ever be a question about its authenticity. The tenth digit is the year, the eleventh is for the assembly plant and the twelfth through seventeenth designate where the vehicle fell in the sequential production line.
This will provide you with the most up-to-date VIN decoding information for your vehicle, according to Ford. Call Ford and provide the company with the VIN number if you still have any questions. A representative will be able to look up your VIN in his computer system and tell you all of the information about the vehicle, including features and specific part information. This article was written by the It Still Runs team, copy edited and fact checked through a multi-point auditing system, in efforts to ensure our readers only receive the best information.
How to Read the VIN Numbers on Ford Trucks
To submit your questions or ideas, or to simply learn more about It Still Runs, contact us. Step 2 Break down the VIN number.
Vin To Keycode Software
No new notifications! My account.
- death certificate state of pennsylvania.
- how to find engine size in truck?
- what happens to medical records after death?
- phone reverse look up find unlisted cell phone number.
Report Follow. Mark helpful. Your Answer:. Upload Photo Photo optional.
- Spring Codes?
- How to Find Ford Keyless Entry Code By VIN Number.
- 1FTDXVKA - FORD F decoded VIN - tiodingwichtte.tk.
Related Questions. Start a new Ford F question.
- without a trace the friendly skies.
- How to Read a Ford Vin Number.
- Part 1 of 4: Find the VIN on your car.
- are marriage records public in hawaii.
- OEM Ford Parts & Accessories?